Our Flock will award $2,500 to an individual, group or organization with a project or program that does the District good. Change doesn’t need to be overcomplicated. We intend to keep it simple.
To apply, describe the project or program, the timeline and budget in one single page.
- Applications due December 10, 2019
- DC City Resident(s) with DC impact are eligible
- Program or project must wrap in 3 months
- We love non-profits but you need not be tied to one to apply
- One page description of : Project/program summary, Impact, Budget and Timeline
- Reviewed by Flock philanthropy committee
- We’ll announce the winner with press release, and you will too!
- Winner will report on progress/outcomes within 3 months so we can sing your praises through our social media channels
- If you've submitted an application in 2019 and have not yet been chosen, your application will automatically be reconsidered.
- Not ready? We expect a return flight on this program
People just like you are loving birdSEED
I really appreciated receiving the birdSEED micro grant. It came at a time when I was trying to launch special programs to make our youth oriented services more special. The kids love seeing their designs go from sketches to t-shirts and there is a real sense of pride when they see their friends from the neighborhood wearing one of the shirts from our line.
The application was accessible and once I received the funds I was able to purchase all the materials to launch the LitLine.
Cash is king and the community is our collective Nest. Change comes from the organizer and the organization. The doer and the maker. The agitator and the innovator. We want to help with some seed money and we want to make a play for it the easiest part of your day, not the hardest. Our birdSEED microgrant program is in round two! We’re awarding $2500 cash money to a District disrupter who can wrap their project in three months.